- In a large bowl, stir the oats and chia seeds together and fill with water until completely covered. Stir in the lemon juice, and allow the oats to sit for at least 3 hours, covered (you can leave them overnight).
- When the oats are done soaking, use a fine-mesh colander or cheesecloth to drain out as much water as possible, and then return the oats to the large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, coconut milk, maple syrup, pumpkin, salt, baking soda, vanilla and spices.
- Add this mixture to the oats and stir thoroughly. Then fold in the raisins and pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes, until the centers are firm to the touch. Allow muffins to cool.
*If you’d prefer to make squares, use a 9 x 13 baking dish and bake for about 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees. If making squares, cut once cooled. Store in the fridge in a sealed container. Notes: These are fabulous when warmed slightly. If you’d like them a bit sweeter, you can dust the muffins or squares with a bit of powdered sugar. Soaking the oats makes them easier to digest and allows the chia seeds to bloom.