- Place 2 C milk, 3 C cream, butter and 1 C sugar in a heavy sauce pan over low medium heat.
- Cook until butter is melted and milk is slightly scalded. Be sure to whisk often to keep milk and cream from burning to the bottom of the pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and 1/3 C sugar. Slowly add this to the hot mixture, whisking lightly.
- Continue cooking for 10-15 minutes on low heat until mixture starts to thicken a bit.
- Mix reserved milk with cornstarch. Add that and the vanilla to hot mixture, whisking constantly.
- Intermittently whisk as mixture continues to cook for the next 5-10 minutes.
- When pudding has thickened, place 2 C into a bowl and fold pumpkin into that. Add the pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
- Meanwhile, in a clean bowl beat remaining 1 C whipping cream with powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Layer the parfaits as follows: pumpkin pudding, Organic Sprouted Maple Quinoa Happy Granola, vanilla pudding, whipped cream. Top it all off with more fresh nutmeg.
Enjoy!! Check out the original recipe post and more great pictures HERE!