- Be sure to work fast! Scoop out 1/2 C ice cream and round into balls. Place on a baking sheet covered in wax paper and put in the freezer for 15-30 minutes or until completely frozen.
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, bring 2 tsp. butter and one unwrapped soft granola bar to a golden brown over medium heat. Roughly 2-3 minutes of cook time while stirring.
- Remove and spread out onto a silicone baking mat or wax paper in no larger than a 6-inch circumference. Repeat the process for all four granola bars. Let cool completely.
- Again, working very fast, remove one ball of ice cream at a time and roll in one “fried” granola bar. Smash and cover as needed to get a good coating but be speedy. Repeat with the remaining three bars then place back in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
- In a bowl, mix egg yolks and sugar then set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, heavy cream and scraped vanilla bean. Heat until simmered than remove from heat. Slowly whisk in egg mixture and return to low heat. Simmer, but DON’T boil, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle cooled creme’ anglaise over ice cream and enjoy!
See original post and more fantastic pictures here: http://www.glutenfreefrenzy.com/2016/08/granola-bar-fried-ice-cream.html