We are ready for bright autumn leaves, cozy sweaters, and pumpkin pie bars!
These bars are super creamy, subtly spiced, naturally sweetened, and most importantly vegan and gluten-free. This wholesome crust is made with 4 simple ingredients including our gluten-free certified rolled oats
- 2 cups Bakery On Main Rolled Oats
- 1 cup walnuts
- 6 dates, pitted and soaked
- 2 tbsp flax meal and 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini vegan marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Soak dates in extra hot water for a few minutes. Prep flax egg by combining flax meal and water.
- Add 2 cups of rolled oats to a blender and blend until oat flour is created. Set aside.
- Add walnuts to the food processor and process until crumb-like pieces form. Add oat flour, soaked dates, and flax egg. Process for 4-5 minutes until dough forms.
- Press dough crust into the bottom of your loaf pan. Use the back of a spatula to flatten it out.
- Add all filling ingredients to the food processor and process until creamy and smooth.
- Add pumpkin filling on top of crust and bake for 25 minutes.
- Add mini marshmallows and broil for 2-3 minutes.
Take out and let cool-off for 2 hours. Refrigerate for up to 5 days