These peanut butter banana muffins are exactly what you need for a morning pick-me-up! They are naturally sweetened with real maple syrup and natural peanut butter, and gluten-free thanks to our happy oats. These muffins can even be made dairy-free! We added some chocolate chips to complement the other flavors.
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (we used 3 ripe bananas)
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon of milk (use almond milk to make it dairy-free)
- 1 cup Bakery On Main Happy Rolled Oats Blended
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (dairy-free, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Line a 12-cup muffin liner with muffin liners and spray the inside with nonstick cooking spray to prevent muffins from sticking to liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas, peanut butter, eggs, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, and milk of choice until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of oats in a blender or processor to create a flour substitute
- Next stir in the oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until smooth. Add in the chocolate chips and evenly divide batter into muffin liners.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer muffins to wire rack to cool and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Ambitious Kitchen