Want a fast, wholesome, and delicious breakfast? Then Bakery On Main has you covered! All you need is one of our new Oats & Ancient Grains, Organic Oats & Happiness oatmeal cups and a few other ingredients and you will be able to put together a fresh, protein and probiotic packed breakfast cake bursting with irresistible honey flavor. You can even prep this the night before to save even more time without sacrificing a quality morning start.
- 1 Bakery On Main Organic Oats & Ancient Grains Oatmeal Cup
- 1 Egg (1 Flax Egg for Vegan Option: 1 Tbsp. ground flax seeds combined with 3 Tbsp. water)
- 1/3 C Applesauce
- 3 Tbsp. Honey (Maple Syrup for vegan option)
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein powder
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl (or prepare the flax egg for vegan version).
- Add the Applesauce and honey (or maple syrup) to the egg and combine.
- Slowly add the protein powder until smooth and a batter forms.
- Remove the lid from the oatmeal cup and add the batter to the oatmeal. Carefully stir until completely combined, making sure to scrape along the bottom edge to avoid any dry oatmeal spots.
- Let sit for 3-4 minutes for the oats to soften. (For night before prep- stop here and place the cup into the refrigerator until morning)
- Place cup onto a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for about 2 ½ minutes*. Check consistency to ensure the cake is soft but firm enough to not sink or when a toothpick comes out clean. The top should be slightly sticky from the honey. Microwave another 30 seconds if needed.
- Grab a fork and dig in or tip to slide cake out of the cup onto a plate and serve with fruit and a drizzle of honey.
*exact cooking time may vary depending on differences in microwave ovens.