Celebrate the fall season with this tasty Vegan Apple Galette from our friend Anna at HealthySimpleYum. . This delicious treat is made with wholesome ingredients, is high in fiber, and gluten-free! All it takes is a few simple ingredients and our Bakery On Main Rolled Oats Soon your entire family will be asking you to make this easy dessert for every family meal.
Author: Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 35 min Total Time: 50 min
2–3 Honeycrisp or Pink Lady apples
1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
2 tbsp corn starch
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp almond milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Slice apples into 1/4 inch slices. Add all filling ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine well.
- Add apple slices into a mixing bowl and stir in until evenly coated in the mixture. Set aside.
- Soak dates in extra hot water for a few minutes. Prep flax egg by combining flax meal and water.
- Add 2 cups of rolled oats to a blender and blend until oat flour is created. Set aside.
- Add walnuts to the food processor and process until crumb-like pieces form. Add oat flour, soaked dates, and flax egg. Process for 4-5 minutes until dough forms.
- Make a dough ball with your hands and use your hands or a rolling pin to flatten it out and create about a 10-12 inch crust that is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Leave about an inch border around the edge of the crust and arrange apple slices on top of the dough.
- Fold the edges of the crust towards the center and over about 1/2 inch of the outer apple slices.
- Pour the remaining filling mixture over the apple slices and bake for 35-40 minutes until apples are cooked and the edges of the galette are brown and slightly crispy.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing.