Maple Pumpkin Pudding Parfaits
Make your fall season a little special with these delicious and easy Maple Pumpkin Pudding Parfaits.
- 3 C whole milk, divided
- 4 C whipping cream, divided
- 3 T butter
- 1 1/3 C sugar, divided
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 C cornstarch
- 1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla
- 1 (15 oz.) can pure pumpkin
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 C Bakery on Main Organic Sprouted Maple Quinoa Happy Granola
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- fresh nutmeg
- Place 2 C milk, 3 C cream, butter and 1 C sugar in a heavy sauce pan over low medium heat.
- Cook until butter is melted and milk is slightly scalded. Be sure to whisk often to keep milk and cream from burning to the bottom of the pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and 1/3 C sugar. Slowly add this to the hot mixture, whisking lightly.
- Continue cooking for 10-15 minutes on low heat until mixture starts to thicken a bit.
- Mix reserved milk with cornstarch. Add that and the vanilla to hot mixture, whisking constantly.
- Intermittently whisk as mixture continues to cook for the next 5-10 minutes.
- When pudding has thickened, place 2 C into a bowl and fold pumpkin into that. Add the pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
- Meanwhile, in a clean bowl beat remaining 1 C whipping cream with powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Layer the parfaits as follows: pumpkin pudding, Organic Sprouted Maple Quinoa Happy Granola, vanilla pudding, whipped cream. Top it all off with more fresh nutmeg.