Maple Glazed Chai Spiced Donuts
If fall season could be baked into a soft and fluffy baked good, this would be it! Imagine enjoying a warm donut while curled up in a blanket, sipping a fresh cup of coffee, and taking in your morning. These donuts are vegan and gluten-free! Made with our wholesome oats and love. These donuts are the perfect holiday dinner dessert/holiday gift. Sometimes you really just need a freshly baked donut in your life so do yourself a favor and save this recipe before you forget! Ingredients:
- 1 cup Gluten-free Flour
- 1 cup Bakery On Main Rolled Oats made into oat flour
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Bags of Chai Tea
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Milk
- 1 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 2-4 tsp Soy or Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a small pot, simmer your almond milk. Be careful to not burn it and as soon as it is about to boil turn it off.
- Steep the 3 bags of chai tea in the hot milk for 5 minutes.
- Add all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add milk tea and coconut oil to a separate small bowl and mix well.
- Pour your wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and combine well but avoid over-mixing.
- Spray donut pan with cooking spray and add batter slowly. Fill each donut mold about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Check with a toothpick before taking out.
- Let cool off. Meanwhile, make your glaze by adding all glaze ingredients into a bowl and whisking together.
- Once donuts are completely cooled, dip them in the glaze bowl and set aside for another 15 minutes.
Recipe developed by Healthy SImple Yum