Cilantro Avocado Soup with Walnut 'Croutons'
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian Serves 4
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 lb. fresh asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces, ends trimmed
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Bakery on Main Apple Raisin Walnut Granola, used as 'crouton' topping
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside.
- Puree asparagus in a blender with 1/2 cup cold water until smooth. Add spinach, cilantro, cucumber, sea salt, pepper and another 1/2 cup water. Blend until thoroughly pureed. Add avocado and lemon juice; puree until smooth, slowly adding remaining 1 cup of water. Add cooked quinoa and pulse for another 10 seconds, then transfer to four serving bowls.
- Top with Main Apple Raisin Walnut Granola 'croutons' and serve.