Cheesecake Berry Swirl Bars
This creamy, dreamy and perfectly sweetened cheesecake will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. Best part? It is gluten-free, vegan, and made with oat flour using Bakery On Main Rolled Oats!
- 2 cups Bakery On Main Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 5 Dates, soaked and pitted
- 2 tbsp Ground Flax + 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 packets of Vegan Cream Cheese* (see above)
- 3/4 can of Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 3/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Strawberries, Raspberries or Blueberries
- 2 tbsp maple Syrup
- Combine ground flax and water in a small bowl to create flax eggs. Mix well and let thicken. Add dates to a small bowl with hot water and let sit. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Blend oats in a blender to create oat flour. Add walnuts to food processor and process until crumb sized pieces form.
- Add oat flour, salt, flax eggs, softened/pitted dates and process until a dough-like consistency forms. Once you are able to mold into dough with your fingers your crust is ready.
- Add dough to 2 loaf pans and form crust using your hands. Once crust is formed use back of a spatula to even it out and make it flat all around.
- Rinse out food processor and add vegan cream cheese. Process until fluffy and smooth. Add all other filling ingredients to food processor and mix until smooth for about 1 minute.
- Add cheesecake filling to loaf pans. Distribute evenly between both loaf pans.
- Add berries and maple syrup to blender and blend until smooth. Us a teaspoon to add droplets of berry puree on top of the cheesecake filling. Use a toothpick to glide through the berry droplets and create swirls.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 F. Let cool for an hour and then refrigerate for at least 3 hour or overnight for best results.