Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
- 5 cups Bakery on Main Gluten Free Happy Rolled Oats
- 3 TBSP chia seeds
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/4 melted coconut oil or butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBSP GF vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- In a large bowl, stir the oats and chia seeds together and fill with water until completely covered. Stir in the lemon juice, and allow the oats to sit for at least 3 hours, covered (you can leave them overnight).
- When the oats are done soaking, use a fine-mesh colander or cheesecloth to drain out as much water as possible, and then return the oats to the large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, coconut milk, maple syrup, pumpkin, salt, baking soda, vanilla and spices.
- Add this mixture to the oats and stir thoroughly. Then fold in the raisins and pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes, until the centers are firm to the touch. Allow muffins to cool.