Back to School GFREE
Sandcastles give way to (gf) sandwiches in the blink of an eye. Back to school and gluten free involves more preparation then just your regular back to school, but it doesn’t have to be challenging. Here are some tips and people that can help along the way. People to talk to:
- Food Service team/Cafeteria Manager
- Do they offer gluten free at school? What precautions are they taking?
- Teacher /Classroom Aids
- PTA (get more parents on board, you may not be the only one!)
- Other parents
- Ask for reminders or devise a schedule of classroom parties so you can pack some snacks for your child that day and not feel left out!
- Your student
- Develop their quick response “No thank you, I can’t eat that because I have Celiac Disease…”
- Reiterate their off limit foods and focus on how great they feel when eating safe foods
- School Nurse
- Clue him/her into your child’s needs and reactions to gluten etc.