The perfect treat for Mother’s Day! Berry season is just around the corner and these custard tarts are the perfect pair! These vegan fruit tarts are completely gluten-free, easy-to-make, have minimal added sugar, and are absolutely delicious!
Ingredients: (6 tarts)
- 1 ½ c Bakery On Main Organic Sprouted Blueberry Flax Granola
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 c Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350-degree F and prep a muffin pan with oil, butter, or cupcake liners.
- Blend the granola until fine, then mix in coconut oil until well incorporated.
- Evenly distribute the crust mix for 6 tarts and form the tart crust ½ – ¾ to the top of the pan. Be sure to compact the crust on the bottom and sides to form a bowl for the custard to later be added into.
- Bake crust for 10-13 minutes or until golden and firm.
- Using a medium saucepan, whisk the cornstarch and sugar together.
- Slowly add in and whisk 1/3 c of the almond milk to prevent any clumps and then add the rest of the almond milk once the cornstarch is dissolved with the vanilla extract.
- On medium-high heat whisk the mixture until bubbling begins and the mixture begins to thicken like gravy, then turn down the heat to medium-low and switch to using a spatula.
- Gently simmering, continuously scrape the sides and bottoms for 7-10 minutes until the custard can hold its shape for a few seconds.
- Add some blueberries and strawberries on top, then leave the tarts in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.