Happy Celiac Awareness Month! We start the celebration with a new recipe, perfect for the summer! Summer is the time for pool parties, heading to the beach and eating American staples like hot dogs, burgers and chicken. Since those with Celiac disease can not indulge in traditional fried chicken, we’ve teamed up with Amy Valpone from The Healthy Apple to bring you this healthy and delicious baked chicken alternative! Who knew granola could be so versatile?
Crunchy Apple Raisin Chicken
- 2 lbs. bone-in chicken drumsticks
- 3 cups Bakery on Main Apple Raisin Walnut Granola
- 3 Tbsp. all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Pour the granola, flour, sea salt and pepper in a food processor; pulse until it resembles a breadcrumb texture.
- Pour the almond milk in a shallow bowl. Dip one piece of chicken into the almond milk, then dip it into the bag of crushed granola and shake until the chicken is coated.
- Place the chicken skin side up on a baking sheet. Repeat the process until all chicken is coated.
- Place chicken in the oven for 40 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove from oven; serve warm.
If you decide to make this recipe, be sure to send us photos and let us know how it came out! Also, make sure you are following our social media as all month we’ll be spreading Celiac facts through twitter and sharing the best articles on Facebook. Have a great Celiac Awareness Month!
– The Bakery On Main Team