Happiness Baked Right In
Bakery On Main is a company that, as part of the Consumer Packaged Goods Industry has made it it’s mission to create delicious, gluten free products that will make every customer happy!
Bakery On Main first opened in a natural foods store in 2003 because Founder Michael Smulders listened to how unhappy his celiac customers were with the gluten free options that were available to them. He believed that no person should suffer due to a food allergy or dietary need so, from that day forward, it became his mission to create products that would be safe for his celiac customers but that would also taste great and bring happiness to every person who tried them! Our company has experienced incredible growth since our doors first opened, now calling our brand new 111,000 sq. ft. facility home since December 2014. This new home is a dedicated gluten free facility that is fueled by the highest quality ingredients, processes, certifications, and people!
From the beginning, audaciously premium ingredients, bakeshop delicious recipes, and happy customers were our inspiration and are still our cornerstones today. We are a fiercely ethical company that believes that HAPPY and HEALTHY should be harmonious. This can only be achieved by utilizing the right people as part of our family who are dedicated to bringing happiness to all those around them and who will work hard but can have fun doing it!
Bakery on Main has a history of success and a future filled with growth and opportunity! Do you want to be a part of it?
Bakery On Main is dedicated to making not only our customers happy but making sure our employees are happy as well! Here at Bakery On Main, we are a team and a family. On a daily basis, we show nothing but the utmost respect to each other and all those that we come in contact with. Our employees strive for excellence and are driven to continuously learn and grow to better themselves and the company on a whole. On top of all these wonderful characteristics of our employees, we make sure to have FUN while working hard and making an awesome product!!
Straight From the Source
What our employees say about being a part of the Bakery On Main family…
“I truly feel that working with the staff at Bakery on main is almost like being with my family.. Just my work family. I enjoy what I do and appreciate all that the company does for me, they truly care about their employees and customers”
- Jorge Diaz
“Being part of the Bakery on Main family has been one of the most rewarding things I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing through out my career. The environment at Bakery on Main is very unique; we are all family and no one is more or less important than anyone else. We are all in this together and I absolutely love that feeling!”
- Jennifer Zalewski
What’s in it for you?
Besides becoming a member of our family and gaining the opportunity to learn and grow on a professional and personal level, you will also be eligible for the following!
A Happy Community
Bakery On Main loves spreading happiness to people through its products, across the country and internationally. What is equally as important to Bakery On Main is spreading happiness to those in need! Here at Bakery On Main, we make it a point to stay as involved as possible to help others through various organizations and charities both in our own local community and nationwide. Our team members believe in this mission and strive to be involved in the various projects that our company participates in to bring happiness to countless numbers of people who need it!
Some of the organizations that Bakery On Main works with include:
Happiness through Safety
Bakery On Main prides itself in the safety and quality of all of its products. We make every effort to ensure that our products will be safe for those suffering from Celiac Disease while tasting great to everyone who enjoys them! Our new facility is 100% dedicated gluten free and all of our products are certified gluten free, NON-GMO Project Verified, Kosher Parve, and Dairy & Casein free! Click the link to learn more!
For more information on Bakery On Main’s Certifications, click here.
Our hard work here at Bakery On Main pays off! Our customers consistently let us know how we are doing and why they love our products! Beyond that, we have been recognized by many influential people and media outlets for the quality and taste of our products. We are honored and proud of our products and the fact that so many people enjoy them and recognize the work we put into them!
For more information on Awards and Recognition received by Bakery On Main, click here.
Current Job Listings:
Click on the titles below to learn more about each available opportunity at Bakery On Main!
Bakery Team Member
Please follow this link to apply for the Bakery Team Member position http://www.ondemandassessment.com/verify/apply/DeSRqyD/CPThwDwh
Reports To: Production Manager
Responsible to run various aspects of production, packaging and cleaning for a natural food bakery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operating different machines within the production room.
- Handling packaging of product as it is completed.
- Assisting with cleaning of the production room and various other areas.
- Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
- Sets up, operates, adjusts and performs minor maintenance on Bakery On Main production and packaging machines.
- Accurately complete all production paperwork.
- Knowledge of line cleaning and testing.
- Ability to set up and make necessary adjustments to the equipment.
- Switch between flavors quickly and efficiently as needed.
- Print necessary box labels.
- Good communication skills to work with production, maintenance and management staff.
- Should have good verbal and written skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to work independently and as a team player. The right candidate will be able to work efficiently and effectively in all aspects of the position and be available for overtime as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and on the job training is offered.
Please follow this link to apply for the Controller position http://www.ondemandassessment.com/verify/apply/SmqAvAS/CPThwDwh
Reports To: President
Bakery On Main is a rapidly growing company in the consumer packaged goods industry seeking a controller to join its growing team. The company controller is the chief accounting officer and heads the accounting department. The controller is responsible for the company’s financial statements in conjunction with an outside firm, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, and various special analyses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Works as part of the company management team to maximize gross profit margins, control expenses and maximize net income.
- Works in conjunction with outside firms to provide information to lenders.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Works with management team to prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by working with management team to scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Managing Processes, Financial Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information , Developing Budgets, Performance Management, The right candidate should have a minimum of 3-5 years financial management experience with a with manufacturing experience desirable.
Bachelors in Finance or Accounting
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Marketing & Communications Intern
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume to apply for this position.
Reports To: Director of Marketing
The Bakery On Main Marketing Department is seeking a Marketing & Communications Intern. This is a tremendous opportunity to assist with marketing efforts and help with various responsibilities that can include but are not limited to:
- Assist with Market Research and maintaining data
- Support internal Public Relations efforts by logging sample requests and reaching out to numerus editors and publications
- Develop and maintain blogger and influencer relationships; Reach out to numerous bloggers to begin or enhance relationships and offer samples
- Assist marketing team with dietician development program.
- Assisting with topic and social media content research and development that is based around our company’s brand and core values
- Designing various images for use on social media sites that co-insides with various topics
We are looking for a bright, creative, and enthusiastic person who is driven to learn and wants to refine their Marketing skills in a creative and fun environment. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is required. Knowledge of Adobe design software is a plus but not required. Position will be based out of the Bakery On Main offices at 127 Park Ave, East Hartford, CT 06108. Position is 40 hours/week, paid.