Sweet, savory, and flavorful. Check out one of our favorite dish for the Holiday’s. This sweet potato casserole is a sure hit at the dinner table, and it tastes even better the next day. We crushed up our Sprouted Maple Quinoa Organic Granola to add a crunch to the topping!
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for buttering the baking dish
- 3 to 4 large sweet potatoes (about 1 3/4 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk (we used Unsweetened Almond Milk)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour (Ground our Organic Gluten-Free Quick Oats to a fine flour)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Bakery On Main our Sprouted Maple Quinoa Organic Granola
- For the sweet potatoes: Add 1 3/4 pounds peeled and cubed sweet potatoes to a large pot of salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are very tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and cool. Mash the sweet potatoes.
- For the filling: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Whisk together the butter, mashed sweet potatoes, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and eggs in a large bowl. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- For the topping: Combine the granola, flour, brown sugar, butter and salt in a medium bowl until moist and the mixture clumps together. Stir in the pecans. Spread the mixture over the top of the sweet potatoes in an even layer. Bake until mostly set in the center and golden on top, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!