We made this delicious and simple strawberry cake in under an hour and wow! This cake has been a hit with everyone in the house. Our Strawberry Shortcake Instant Oatmeal helps bring out the tasty strawberry notes of this treat!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups Gluten-Free Multipurpose Flour
- 1 Packet of Bakery On Main Strawberry Shortcake Instant Oatmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 12oz fresh strawberries hulled
- 1 tsp powdered sugar for dusting
- 16oz strawberries hulled and halved
- ¼ cup granulated sugar or to taste
Butter 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375F.
Wash 12oz of strawberries for the cake: Dice half and slice the others into halves.
Strawberry Sauce Instructions:
In a blender or food processor, combine 16oz of strawberries chopped and ¼ cup sugar and blend until pureed.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, beat together 2 eggs with 1 cup sugar on high speed for 5 minutes or until light in color and thick.
- Add 1 cup sour cream, ½ cup oil, 1 tsp vanilla and beat on slow speed until well combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together: 2 cups of gluten-free flour, 2 tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp salt and 1 packet of strawberry shortcake instant oatmeal until well incorporated. With the mixer on, med/low speed, add flour mixture to the batter 1/3 at a time, letting the flour incorporate with each addition and continue mixing just until well combined. Don’t overmix.
- Pour half batter into prepared pan. Top with the diced strawberries then spread the remaining batter over the top. Cover the top with the remaining halved strawberries, pressing them down gently.
- Bake at 375F for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cake rest in pan for 15 minutes then remove the ring and cool to slightly warm.
- To serve, dust with powdered sugar and drizzle individual slices with strawberry sauce.