This Banana Oat Bread makes the perfect breakfast bread! Just sweet enough with a nice texture, this bread is the best way to start the day. It pairs perfectly with a hot cup of coffee or tea, and is kid-tested and approved!
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (spoon & leveled)
- ½ cup Bakery On Main Quick Oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 large ripe bananas)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan or coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, quick oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on high speed until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition on medium speed. Mash bananas in a separate bowl until just about creamy. Beat in the sour cream, mashed bananas, until combined. Add in dry mixture about 1/3 cup at a time. Do not overmix.
- Take a spatula and put the mixture in the prepared loaf pan. Pop in the oven for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes, loosely cover the banana bread with aluminum foil and cook for an additional 20-25 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center of the loaf to check if bread is done.
- Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool.