Peanut Butter and Banana or Peanut Butter and Chocolate?… How about both! With these incredible Chunky Monkey Granola Bar Treats from Chandice over at This Vivacious Life, you will feel like you’re on a deliciously tropical adventure with the sweet taste of banana and the smooth taste of coconut and chocolate. Add these to our Peanut Butter and Chocolate 4-4-8 Granola Bars and you have an unbeatable quick and flavor-packed treat! Enjoy!
6 Bakery on Main Peanut Butter & Chocolate 4.4.8 granola bars
6 tsp. creamy peanut butter
1 C milk chocolate chips
1 T whole cream or coconut milk
1/4 tsp. gluten-free coconut extract
Optional: 1/4 C toasted coconut
- Slice tall six of the Bakery on Main Peanut Butter & Chocolate 4.4.8 granola bars into half
- Slice the banana into 1/4 in slices
- Make 6 chunky monkey granola bar treats by smearing 1 tsp. peanut butter on one half of a granola bar
- Add some banana slices then top it with another half piece of granola bar
- Meanwhile, heat the chocolate chips, coconut extract and coconut milk or whole cream in the microwave for 45 seconds
- If you are using the toasted coconut, add it to the chocolate once it has warmed
- Individually dip the prepared treats into chocolate until covered
- Place on a silicone baking mat or wax paper lined baking sheet then freeze 20-25 minutes
- Enjoy cold on a hot summer day!
Get creative with your own bars and add in some other sliced fruits that you like. You can easily sandwich them between the two granola bar halves. You could even use almond butter instead of peanut butter. If you are like me and love strawberry freezer jam, then you may want to add some of that as well.
See the original post here: http://www.thisvivaciouslife.com/2017/05/chunky-monkey-granola-bar-treats.html