In preparation for Spring, our friend, Nutti Nelli took the classic Carrot Cake and made them even more fun as Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies! These little pies are vegan, gluten-free, and fun to make for any dinner, potluck, or outing you may have to help celebrate the spring season. The oat flour is made with our Organic Happy Quick Oats!
- 2 c Bakery On Main Organic Quick Oats (blended)
- 1 c Shredded Carrots
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ c Refined Coconut Oil (melted)
- ¼ c Maple Syrup
- ¼ c Almond Milk
- 4oz of Vegan Cream Cheese
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ c Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prep baking sheet pan with parchment paper, silicone baking mat, or oil.
- Using a blender, blend the rolled oats to create oat flour. You may sift the oat flour.
- Combine all the Carrot Cake ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Form 12 cookies using a heaping tablespoon of batter.
- Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes. Remove cookies from the oven once the tops are baked, yet the cookies are still soft to the touch. The cookies will firm up while cooling.
- While baking, combine the Cream Cheese Frosting ingredients and whip until smooth.
- Once cookies have fully cooled, create the Whoopie Pie by slathering Frosting on one side and pushing two cookies together! Top with powdered sugar.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- The batter is extremely sticky, so be patient when forming little cookies.
- Flatten cookies so it is easier to create whoopie pies that stand well.
- Nutti Nelli used a 13in x 18in sheet pan.
- She recommends using a thicker vegan cream cheese (she used Tofutti Cream Cheese).