With the chaos of the holidays, the last thing you want to do is be in the kitchen for hours making a dessert. With this super easy (and vegan!) dessert from Anna at HealthySimpleYum, you can have this treat on the table in no time. All you need are a few simple ingredients and our delicious Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Decadent granola.
Author: Prep Time: 10min Cook Time: 10min Total Time: 20min
1 can coconut cream
1 2/3 cup oat milk
4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon agar agar powder
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons maple syrup
3/4 cup cane sugar
Chocolate shavings or Dark Chocolate Granola crumbles
- Turn a pan on medium-low heat and add the cane sugar. Stir consistently for 8-10 minutes until it caramelizes and gets runny. Clumps will form initially! Keep going! However, be cautious to not burn it.
- Pour a heaping spoonful of caramel into each ramekin. Spread the caramel to coat the entire bottom layer of ramekin.
- Next, whisk corn starch into oat milk. Turn a large pan on medium-high heat and add oat milk (with cornstarch), coconut cream, vanilla extract, agar agar, maple syrup and whisk well.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a medium-high simmer. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes to let the agar agar activate.
- Turn off, let cool for 20 minutes and then pour into each ramekin.
- Refrigerate for 5-6 hours or overnight. Once you’re ready to eat them, pour very hot water into a shallow bowl. Pour only enough to reach half of your ramekin. Place ramekin in hot water for 3-4 minutes to let the caramel melt a bit.
- Next, place plate on top of a ramekin, and flip upside down to let that flan out. Enjoy as is, or crumble some chocolate on top!