Savory Summer Style Gluten Free Soup!
We are making your mouths water again this month with another completely gluten free recipe by our friend Amie over at The Healthy Apple! This recipe is a spin on traditional soup featuring quinoa, cilantro, baby spinach and more as a thicker soup base and topped off with some Bakery On Main Apple Raisin Walnut Granola as the croutons! Check out the full recipe below.
Cilantro Avocado Soup with Walnut 'Croutons'Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian Serves 4 Ingredients
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 lb. fresh asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces, ends trimmed
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Bakery on Main Apple Raisin Walnut Granola, used as 'crouton' topping
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside.
- Puree asparagus in a blender with 1/2 cup cold water until smooth. Add spinach, cilantro, cucumber, sea salt, pepper and another 1/2 cup water. Blend until thoroughly pureed. Add avocado and lemon juice; puree until smooth, slowly adding remaining 1 cup of water. Add cooked quinoa and pulse for another 10 seconds, then transfer to four serving bowls.
- Top with Main Apple Raisin Walnut Granola 'croutons' and serve.