Portabella En Papiouette
Can you believe it's August already? Time sure does fly when you are having gluten free fun in the summer sun. Well, with the new month comes a new recipe and we have another excellent dish for you. If the idea of julienne-ing your carrots and cooking Portabella Mushrooms makes you uneasy, have no fear! This recipe is all bark and no bite. It's a cinch! But if you do get lost we're here to help, just reach out with your question and we'll get you back on track! Portabella En Papiouette Ingredients:
- 2 Portabello Mushrooms
- 1 bottle of Balsamic Vinegar Dressing (Gluten Free)
- 2 Medium Sized Carrots
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 1 White Onion
- 1 Bakery On Main Cranberry Orange Cashew Gluten Free Granola Snack Pack (EDIT 2021: We don't make this flavor anymore, try using our Cranberry Almond Granola instead)
- Chef Knife
- Cutting Board
- Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
- Make very tiny slits on the top of the Portabella Mushroom and soak in the Balsamic Vinegar Dressing for at least 4 hours (try to let it sit overnight if possible)
- Julienne your carrots, celery and onion
- Fold your sheet of Parchment paper in half, draw half a heart to the seam of the fold. Cut it out.
- Place your Julienne vegetable in the center of one of the sides of the heart
- Place portabella mushroom right side up
- Drizzle just a little bit of the dressing on top
- Then twist the two ends of parchment paper together to form a seal Place on baking tray and bake for 20 minutes This will be enough time to heat through and cook the vegetables and heat up the mushroom.
- Remove from oven, serve within the parchment paper or remove contents and serve over a bed of brown rice or greens of your choice (baby spinach, arugala, kale) and add the Cranberry Orange Cashew Granola for a little citrus pop of flavor along with a crunchy texture to balance the dish out!