Pumpkin Pie Bars
We are ready for bright autumn leaves, cozy sweaters, and pumpkin pie bars! These bars are super creamy, subtly spiced, naturally sweetened, and most importantly vegan and gluten-free. This wholesome crust is made with 4 simple ingredients including our gluten-free certified rolled oats
- 2 cups Bakery On Main Rolled Oats
- 1 cup walnuts
- 6 dates, pitted and soaked
- 2 tbsp flax meal and 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini vegan marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Soak dates in extra hot water for a few minutes. Prep flax egg by combining flax meal and water.
- Add 2 cups of rolled oats to a blender and blend until oat flour is created. Set aside.
- Add walnuts to the food processor and process until crumb-like pieces form. Add oat flour, soaked dates, and flax egg. Process for 4-5 minutes until dough forms.
- Press dough crust into the bottom of your loaf pan. Use the back of a spatula to flatten it out.
- Add all filling ingredients to the food processor and process until creamy and smooth.
- Add pumpkin filling on top of crust and bake for 25 minutes.
- Add mini marshmallows and broil for 2-3 minutes.