Pumpkin Oat Waffles
Waffles are always a good choice especially these gluten-free Pumpkin Oat Waffles! These waffles are not only super quick and super easy but they are super good too! Whether you make them for breakfast or have them for dinner – your family will be thanking you over and over for giving them the most delicious waffles they’ve had in a long time!
- 1 ½ cups Certified Gluten-Free Oat Flour (Blend Quick Oats in a blender until they are a fine flour)
- 1 ¼ tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ Cup Plain Unsweetened Almond Milk (Room Temp is best)
- ¼ Cup + 1 Tablespoon Melted Coconut Oil
- ¼ Cup Packed Pumpkin Puree
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your waffle iron (set to medium-high if you can!)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients – Oat Flour, Pumpkin Spice, Baking Powder, Salt, and Cinnamon. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. First whisk the eggs, then add the almond milk, melted coconut oil, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and stir until just combined. (The batter may be a little lumpy still, that’s okay!) Let the batter rest for about 10 minutes so the oat flour soaks up some of the moisture.
- Once the 10 minutes is up, give the batter another stir or two! Grab your 1/2 Cup and pour the batter onto the heated waffle iron, pour enough to cover the center area then close the lid and cook!
- Once the waffle is cooked (crisp & golden) transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve waffles with butter, maple syrup and whatever toppings you love!