Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Bars
Introducing Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Bars made by our good friend @HealthySimpleYum. These are made with our rolled oats, walnuts, dates, flax, peanut butter, bananas, coconut cream, and a touch of maple syrup! Ingredients: Bottom layer: 2 cups Bakery On Main Rolled Oats 1 cup walnuts 2 Tbsp date syrup or 4 dates, pitted 2 Tbsp flax meal and 1/4 cup water pinch of salt ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Middle layer: 2 ripe bananas 1/2 cup peanut butter 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 Tbsp maple syrup 1/4 cup coconut cream Top layer: 1 cup peanut butter 1 cup dark chocolate chips Bakery On Main Granola
- Blend oats in a blender for 45 seconds or until you create oat flour. Make sure you use a blender for a finer product.
- Add walnut to food processor and process until they achieve a crumbled product. Then add dates or date syrup and process for another 45 seconds.
- Add oat flour from your blender to the food processor and process along with walnuts, date syrup or dates, flax egg, and maple syrup. Process until a dough-like texture forms.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper and add oat flour mixture as the bottom layer. Smooth out using the back of a flat spatula.
- Rinse blender and now blend banana, coconut cream, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and maple syrup until silky smooth. Add on top of the bottom layer and freeze for 2 hours.
- Melt peanut butter and chocolate chips in a glass bowl. Place in microwave for 30-second increments while mixing along the way. Should take about 1-2 minutes to fully melt. Add this as your top layer along with the granola.
- Freeze overnight or for at least 1 hour before serving. When ready to serve, defrost for at least 15 minutes before taking your first bite! Enjoy!