Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature for this to be dairy free (I used Earth Balance vegan buttery sticks)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed (mine was organic cane sugar)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (also cane sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free flour (all purpose)
- 2 packets of Bakery On Main traditional instant oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 3/4 teaspoon regular table salt
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used enjoy life chocolate morsels for dairy free- allergen free)
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F. Cover cookie sheet(s) with parchment paper or slightly grease.
2) Beat together the butter and sugars until smooth.
3) Add the egg, and vanilla one at a time
4) Mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add butter mixture to dry ingredients
5) Mix until everything is thoroughly incorporated.
6) Stir in the chocolate chips.
7) Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1 1/2" to 2" between cookies.
8) Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes, until they're a light golden brown, with slightly darker edges.
10) Remove the cookies from the oven, and as soon as they're set enough to handle, transfer them to racks to cool.Yield depends on size of cookies. Smaller cookies can get 36-40 cookies per batch.