Nutty Cranberry Maple French Toast
Happy July ! Of course we wanted to start the month off right with a recipe from Amie from The Healthy Apple. Get ready for a delicious breakfast that is perfect for a morning treat.
- 1 ½ cups Bakery on Main Nutty Cranberry Maple Granola
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 6 slices gluten-free bread
- 2 Tbsp. butter, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, for serving
- 6 fresh strawberries, diced for serving
- 1 tsp. powdered sugar, for serving
- Place granola in a large Ziploc bag; seal leaving no air in the bag. Using a wooden spoon, crush the granola to a fine consistency. Transfer crushed granola to a shallow bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and cinnamon; add the gluten-free bread slices and coat each slice with the egg mixture until all liquid is absorbed. Then coat each slice of bread with the crushed granola.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add soaked bread and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat; transfer to a serving plate. Top with maple syrup, fresh strawberries and powdered sugar.