Maple Whiskey Apple Cinnamon Crisp
Look no further, the ULTIMATE fall dessert is here! There's nothing quite like a warm piece of apple crisp on a cool fall day! This recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free, so it's a dessert everyone can enjoy!
- Crisp 1 cup gluten-free 1:1 wholesome flour (or sub any gluten-free 1:1 all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup Bakery on Main Happy Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil, melted Filling
- 6 honey crisp apples, peeled, cored, and cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup zest from
- 1/2 lemon 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free whiskey (or sub pure maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 2 teaspoons gluten-free corn starch
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a 10-inch skillet or 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. To make the crisp - In a large bowl add the gluten-free flour, oats, pecans, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and kosher salt. Stir until well combined. Pour in the melted coconut oil and stir until the mixture becomes crumbly and resembles wet sand. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
3. To make the filling - In a large bowl add the apples, maple syrup, lemon zest, lemon juice, gluten-free whiskey, vanilla bean paste, cinnamon, and gluten-free corn starch. Toss well to combine.
4. Remove the crisp from the fridge and break up any large chunks with a fork. The coconut oil has hardened making the crisp a large solid chunk. Don’t worry, it breaks apart very easily.
5. Pour the apples and their liquid into the prepared skillet or baking dish and sprinkle evenly with the crisp topping.
6. Bake the crisp on a baking sheet (just in case the filling bubbles over) for 40 - 55 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Serve warm with your favorite dairy-free ice cream or whipped cream. Recipe developed by Glutenless Apron