Maple Oatmeal Scones
Yields: 8 Total Time: 30 mins Prep Time: 5 mins
Ingredients For the Scones 2½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour 1 cup (2 packets) Bakery on Main Maple Muffin Oatmeal 1 tablespoon baking powder 2 tablespoons sugar 1 teaspoon salt 2 sticks butter, chopped into small pieces ¼ cup cold milk ½ cup maple syrup 2 eggs For the Glaze 1½ cups powdered sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine the gluten-free all-purpose flour, maple oatmeal, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Add the cold butter pieces and mix until the butter is crumbled into very small pieces.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, maple syrup and eggs until well blended. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. The mixture will be a little bit sticky.
- Scoop heaping spoonfuls of batter onto the tray, leaving at least 2 inches between scones. Using an ice cream scoop will make this process easier.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool.