Granola Bar Fried Ice Cream w/ Creme' Anglaise Recipe
It’s the middle of August and everyone knows that IT. IS. HOT!, so our good friend Chandice over at GlutenFreeFrenzy.com made us an incredible dessert using our New 4-4-8 Granola Bars! These look irresistible and will give you the cool down you need during the summer heat. Enjoy them in any of our four Bakeshop Delicious Flavors!
- 2 C vanilla ice cream
- 4 Bakery on Main soft granola bars (1 of each flavor)
- 8 Tsp. butter
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 1/2 Tbl granulated sugar
- 1-inch piece of vanilla bean cut in half and scraped
- Be sure to work fast! Scoop out 1/2 C ice cream and round into balls. Place on a baking sheet covered in wax paper and put in the freezer for 15-30 minutes or until completely frozen.
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, bring 2 tsp. butter and one unwrapped soft granola bar to a golden brown over medium heat. Roughly 2-3 minutes of cook time while stirring.
- Remove and spread out onto a silicone baking mat or wax paper in no larger than a 6-inch circumference. Repeat the process for all four granola bars. Let cool completely.
- Again, working very fast, remove one ball of ice cream at a time and roll in one "fried" granola bar. Smash and cover as needed to get a good coating but be speedy. Repeat with the remaining three bars then place back in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
- In a bowl, mix egg yolks and sugar then set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, heavy cream and scraped vanilla bean. Heat until simmered than remove from heat. Slowly whisk in egg mixture and return to low heat. Simmer, but DON'T boil, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle cooled creme' anglaise over ice cream and enjoy!