Gluten Free Pumpkin Cornbread
This delicious gluten free pumpkin cornbread is the perfect way to complete any fall occasion, or to snack on while you’re waiting for your Thanksgiving meal. We grounded up our Happy Oats for the flour and topped the mini muffins with our premium Walnut Raisin Apple Granola. We opted to use a mini-muffin pan for our recipe!
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup coarsely ground yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 ounces pumpkin butter (homemade or store bought)
- 3/4 cup (6 fluid ounces) half-and-half or whole milk
- Bakery On Main Walnut Raisin Apple Granola
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or butter the pan/muffin tin and set it aside or use a mini-muffin pan like we did!
- In a large bowl, place the flour, xanthan gum, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice, and whisk to combine well. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the melted butter, honey, eggs, pumpkin butter and milk, mixing to combine after each addition. The batter will be thick.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top into an even layer with a wet spatula. Place in the center of the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on top and firm in the center to the touch. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out with no more than a few moist crumbs attached.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes or until firm. Top with granola and enjoy!