Using some fun and unique ingredients, our friend Emily, Glutenless Apron, will take you on a journey to make tasty treats that will become a fan favorite. Our Bakery on Main gluten-free rolled oats are the cherry on top for a great tasting recipe. Don’t wait to try this delectable treat that is to die for, it’ll have you going back for more!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups dark brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free 1:1 flour
- 1 cup Bakery On Main Whole Grain Rolled Oats
- 2 ½ cups gluten free potato chips (I used Ruffles)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup gluten free butterscotch chips
- flaky sea salt, for topping
Makes 24 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Add ½ cup (1 stick) of butter to a medium size skillet and place over medium-low heat. Once the butter has melted it will begin to foam, at this time make sure to whisk constantly. After a few minutes, the butter will begin to crackle and foam again, then will begin to turn a golden color and little specks will form in the bottom of the skillet. Make sure to keep whisking. Once the butter and specks have browned and have a nutty aroma, remove from heat and transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer, making sure to scrape out all of the brown bits from the skillet. Set aside and let cool to room temperature, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once the brown butter has cooled, add the remaining ½ cup (1 stick) of butter, dark brown sugar, and granulated sugar to the stand mixer bowl. Using the paddle attachment, mix on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl with a spatula. Next, add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute. Again, scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl - gluten free flour, rolled oats, potato chips, baking soda, and salt. Mix on medium speed until just combined. Add the butterscotch chips and pulse a few times to combine.
- Using a #24 cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 3 inches apart (6 per baking sheet).
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. The centers will look a little underdone but will continue to cook on the baking sheet once removed from the oven. Sprinkle the top of each cookie with flaky sea salt. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.