If you like caramel and have a sweet tooth then you just landed on your new favorite recipe. The gooey caramel sauce combined with the melted chocolate and oat bar base is amazing. This is one of our favorite recipes to date! Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cup Bakery On Main Instant Oats
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 sticks butter or vegan butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix to combine evenly. Add the butter and egg and mix to combine until crumbly.
- Place 1/2 of the oat mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. Press to make an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the chocolate chips and pecans. Pour the caramel sauce over the chocolate and nuts. Take the remaining oat mixture and press it over the top. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, until the top, is golden.
- Allow the pan to cool, and refrigerate it until the caramel filling is set. Cut into bars and serve!
Recipe adapted from Erin Collins