Crunchy Maple Sweet Potato
- 4 large dark-orange sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (7 to 8 cups)
- ½ cup whipping cream (we used coconut creamer for dairy free alternative)
- 2 tablespoons earth balance butter spread
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Box of Bakery On Main Cranberry Maple Nut Granola Bars
- 2 tablespoons butter spread melted (for granola crumble)
- Place potato pieces in 4-quart saucepan. Add enough water to cover; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook uncovered about 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. To potatoes, add whipping cream, 2 tablespoons earth balance spread, maple syrup and salt. Mash with potato masher or electric mixer until smooth. Spoon into baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix crushed granola bars and 2 tablespoons melted butter spread; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and topping is crisp.