Chocolate Piñata Breakfast Muffins
Who doesn’t like a surprise?! Especially when it involves soft and delicious chocolate muffins filled with the crunchy surprise of Bunches of Crunches. Chandice over at This Vivacious Life knows just how bring us the perfect chocolate-filled way to start your day!
- 1/3 C almond flour
- 1/2 C brown rice flour
- 1/4 C sorghum flour
- 2 T coconut flour
- 1/2 C potato starch
- 1/2 C tapioca starch
- 3 T cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 C brown sugar
- 2 T butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla
- 2 C coconut yogurt (or dairy-free yogurt alternative), divided
- 1 C whole milk (or 1 C full fat coconut milk)
- 1-2 C Bakery on Main Coconut Cacao Bunches of Crunches
- 1 C coconut chips
- Cream together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add 1 C yogurt and milk.
- In another bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly to the wet ingredients then mix well.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Spoon batter 2/3 full into greased muffin cups.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Once the muffins are completely cooled, cut out the center of each (make sure not to go all the way to the bottom).
- Fill with Bakery on Main Bunches of Crunches then replace the top part that you cut out (you may need to remove a bit of the under side of the top you cut out)
- Spoon coconut greek yogurt over the top of each muffin and sprinkle with coconut chips.