Chai Snowball Cookies
It's the holiday season and what better way to get in the spirit than with some fun holiday cookies. Chai Snowball Cookies are fun little cookies that you can bring to any of your holiday parties, pass out to your friends and family, or simply enjoy all to yourself cozied up on your couch. These cookies are plant-based, vegan, and gluten-free for everyone to enjoy.
- 1 c Bakery On Main Rolled Oats (blended)
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Cardamom
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ c Brown Sugar
- ¼ c Refined Coconut Oil (melted)
- ¼ c Maple Syrup
- 1 Flaxseed Egg (1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal + 2.5 Tbsp Water)
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ c Powdered Sugar (to coat cookies at the end)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F and prep baking sheet pan with parchment paper, silicon baking mat, or oil.
- Using a blender, blend the rolled oats to create oat flour. You may sift the oat flour.
- In a small bowl, combine flaxseed meal with water to create the flaxseed egg. Stir mixture and let this sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients except the brown sugar (Oat Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Cinnamon, Cardamon, Ground Ginger, Nutmeg).
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt and warm-up Coconut Oil.
- In a large bowl combine wet ingredients (Coconut Oil, Brown Sugar, Maple Syrup, Vanilla Extract, Flaxseed Egg).
- Slowly add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredient mixture. Mix until a dough ball is formed, and no dry ingredients remain.
- Form small balls (1 tsp - 1 Tbsp) and place on baking sheet. Should make about 24-26 small cookies.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Remove cookies from oven once the tops are baked, yet the cookies are still soft to the touch. The cookies will firm up while cooling.
- Once cookies have firmed up, fully coat and roll each cookie in Powdered Sugar.
- Don’t over bake the cookies! As the cookies cool down, they will firm up.
- To get rid of small oat clumps, sift the oat flour after blending.
- Any type of sugar will work for this recipe, choose your favorite!
- Use refined coconut oil to prevent the taste of coconut! Other oils are fine but be aware that it may alter the taste if you use a strong-tasting oil (ex: Olive Oil).
- Any type of sweetner may be used, but Maple Syrup pairs best with the Chai seasonings.
This recipe was developed by our friend @nuttinelli