Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies
In preparation for Spring, our friend, Nutti Nelli took the classic Carrot Cake and made them even more fun as Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies! These little pies are vegan, gluten-free, and fun to make for any dinner, potluck, or outing you may have to help celebrate the spring season. The oat flour is made with our Organic Happy Quick Oats!
- 2 c Bakery On Main Organic Quick Oats (blended)
- 1 c Shredded Carrots
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ c Refined Coconut Oil (melted)
- ¼ c Maple Syrup
- ¼ c Almond Milk
- 4oz of Vegan Cream Cheese
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ c Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prep baking sheet pan with parchment paper, silicone baking mat, or oil.
- Using a blender, blend the rolled oats to create oat flour. You may sift the oat flour.
- Combine all the Carrot Cake ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Form 12 cookies using a heaping tablespoon of batter.
- Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes. Remove cookies from the oven once the tops are baked, yet the cookies are still soft to the touch. The cookies will firm up while cooling.
- While baking, combine the Cream Cheese Frosting ingredients and whip until smooth.
- Once cookies have fully cooled, create the Whoopie Pie by slathering Frosting on one side and pushing two cookies together! Top with powdered sugar.
- The batter is extremely sticky, so be patient when forming little cookies.
- Flatten cookies so it is easier to create whoopie pies that stand well.
- Nutti Nelli used a 13in x 18in sheet pan.
- She recommends using a thicker vegan cream cheese (she used Tofutti Cream Cheese).