Carrot Cake Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
Have you ever had carrot cake and banana bread combined!? You need to try this amazing recipe created by our friend Glutenless Apron. Oat flour is a great way to create your favorite gluten-free baking recipes.
● 2 cups + 3 tablespoons gluten free oat flour
● 1/2 cup Bakery On Main gluten free quick oats
● 1 teaspoon baking soda
● 1 teaspoon cinnamon
● 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
● 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
● 3/4 cup mashed banana (from 2 very ripe bananas)
● 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
● 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
● 1/3 cup plain yogurt (not greek)
● 1 egg
● 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
● 1 heaping cup shredded carrots
● 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
● 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
● 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
● 1/3 cup powdered sugar
● 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
● 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
● pinch of fine sea salt
● 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten free oat flour, gluten free quick oats,
baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, applesauce, maple syrup, yogurt, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until well combined and smooth. Fold in the carrots.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in
chopped walnuts and shredded coconut.
5. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, mine was
perfect at 65 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf – if it comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached, it’s done.
6. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and let cool completely on wire rack.
7. While the loaf is cooling, make the cream cheese frosting. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt until smooth and creamy. Spread frosting over cooled loaf. Top with chopped walnuts.