Once you try these Brown Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies, you’ll never want to make another recipe again. Our good friend Emily, at the Glutenless Apron created stunning cookies using our Whole Grain Rolled Oats which are gluten-free and celiac safe. Try them out when you need to make a tasty dessert for your next family gathering, party, or just a fun dessert.
Author: Emily Chave Makes 19 Cookies
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups Bakery On Main gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups gluten free 1:1 flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Add butter to a medium size skillet and place over medium-low heat. Once the butter has melted it will begin to foam, at this time make sure to whisk constantly. After a few minutes, the butter will begin to crackle and foam again, then will begin to turn a golden color and light brown specks will start to form in the bottom of the skillet. Make sure to keep whisking. Once the butter and specks have browned and the butter has a nutty aroma, remove from heat and transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer, making sure to scrape out all of the browned bits from the skillet. Set aside and let cool to room temperature, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the gluten free rolled oats, gluten free flour, shredded coconut, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Once the brown butter has cooled, add the eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract to the stand mixer bowl. Using the paddle attachment, mix on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. With the mixer on
low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and pulse to combine.
- Using a #24 cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are just lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and top with flaky sea salt. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.