Berry Custard Tarts
The perfect treat for Mother’s Day! Berry season is just around the corner and these custard tarts are the perfect pair! These vegan fruit tarts are completely gluten-free, easy-to-make, have minimal added sugar, and are absolutely delicious!
Ingredients: (6 tarts) Crust
- 1 ½ c Bakery On Main Organic Sprouted Blueberry Flax Granola
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 c Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350-degree F and prep a muffin pan with oil, butter, or cupcake liners.
- Blend the granola until fine, then mix in coconut oil until well incorporated.
- Evenly distribute the crust mix for 6 tarts and form the tart crust ½ - ¾ to the top of the pan. Be sure to compact the crust on the bottom and sides to form a bowl for the custard to later be added into.
- Bake crust for 10-13 minutes or until golden and firm.
- Using a medium saucepan, whisk the cornstarch and sugar together.
- Slowly add in and whisk 1/3 c of the almond milk to prevent any clumps and then add the rest of the almond milk once the cornstarch is dissolved with the vanilla extract.
- On medium-high heat whisk the mixture until bubbling begins and the mixture begins to thicken like gravy, then turn down the heat to medium-low and switch to using a spatula.
- Gently simmering, continuously scrape the sides and bottoms for 7-10 minutes until the custard can hold its shape for a few seconds.
- Add some blueberries and strawberries on top, then leave the tarts in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.