Autumn Oatmeal Bowl
This is the perfect breakfast for a crisp, cool autumn morning. A big bowl of oats on a chilly fall morning is our favorite way to start the day! Especially, when it’s made with wholesome and nutritious ingredients like fruits, nuts, and Bakery On Main oats!
Ingredients: Makes Two Servings
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp Walnut Butter
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup of fruit (we chose peaches and figs)
- 1/4 cup Almonds/Nuts
- 3 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 2 tbsp Maple Vanilla Grain-Free Clusters
- In a small pot bring your plant-based milk to a low simmer. Add rolled oats and keep on a very low simmer for about 5-7 minutes until oats thicken.
- Once they are done cooking and still piping hot; add maple syrup, walnut butter, salt and mix in well. Set aside. I like mine a bit more runny so I add a few splashes of milk after they are done cooking.
- (Optional) In a small frying pan add 1/2 tbsp vegan butter and add your diced fruit. Cook on medium/high heat. Sprinkle brown sugar on top and let caramelize for about 5-6 minutes until golden brown.
- Add your cooked oats to a medium/large bowl and top off with caramelized fruit, raw fruit, nuts, seeds, and a bit of nut butter drizzle to complete your bowl.