Apple Granola Asparagus Salad
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, ends trimmed, cut on a diagonal in 1 inch pieces
- 4 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups mixed leafy greens
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup Bakery on Main Apple Raisin Walnut Granola
- 2 large apples, diced
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- Cook asparagus in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp, approximately 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, cilantro, sea salt and pepper. Add mixed greens and cooked asparagus; gently toss to combine, then add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Transfer salad to four serving dishes. Serve immediately.