Celebrating in May!
May is a great month with so much to celebrate! First we get to celebrate Celiac Awareness and how much more information is out there, with much credit to awesome bloggers like the Celiac and the Beast, Gluten Dude, Gluten Free Girl and the Chef, Jules GF and many more!! We also get to celebrate mothers everywhere! We thought it would be great to have a new recipe to share with all of you so Amie of The Healthy Apple so graciously came up with this excellent salad that you can use for a starter or as the main dish!
Here is the recipe for the Apple Granola Asparagus Salad Serves 4 Ingredients
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, ends trimmed, cut on a diagonal in 1 inch pieces
- 4 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups mixed leafy greens
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup Bakery on Main Apple Raisin Walnut Granola
- 2 large apples, diced
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- Cook asparagus in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp, approximately 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, cilantro, sea salt and pepper. Add mixed greens and cooked asparagus; gently toss to combine, then add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Transfer salad to four serving dishes. Serve immediately.