Why incorporate more oats into your diet, you ask? Oats are a highly nutritious food that comes with a variety of benefits! Oats provide beneficial carbs (such as the fiber beta-glucan which may reduce the risk of heart disease), protein, minerals, and anti-oxidants such as zinc. They can also have a positive effect on lowering cholesterol levels, blood sugar levels, and weight. There are many great articles you can read that explain just how beneficial oats are such as this one on healthline.com
, this second article on healthline.com
, and this article from the Whole Grains Council
website. It’s not as hard as you think to add more oats into your lifestyle and with the help of Bakery On Main’s Happy Oats, the possibilities are endless! Enjoy these 8 delicious ways to up your oat game:
1. Enjoy delicious seasonal or go-to flavored bowls of oatmeal by getting creative with your favorite flavors. Cook up some of your favorite oats and add in different combinations of fresh or dried fruits, nuts, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, chocolate chunks, or your favorite granola (wink, wink!)
2. Do your mornings give you only enough time to drink your breakfast? No problem! Blend some rolled or quick oats into your favorite smoothie!
3. Try a delicious breakfast bake like this Oatmeal Bake with Mixed Berries
4. Enjoy your oats in the form of muffins like these Mini Banana Oat Muffins
5. It may be almost spring, but you can’t go wrong with these Eggnog Oatmeal Pancakes
6. Prefer a savory flavor? Here are some Rosemary Oaty Chicken Nuggets to try for dinner!
7. Satisfy your sweet tooth with a Homemade Apple Crisp
8. This Gluten-Free Chocolate Orange Oatmeal Cake will give you the perfect chocolate fix
With so many ways to use oats and so many types to choose from, how do you know which is best? The easiest way is to remember that the thicker the oat, the longer the cook time. So, whether you’re making a hearty dinner or an on-the-run smoothie, if you keep in mind how long it will take to prepare, you’ll know which oats will complement the recipe best! Just in case though… here is a reminder: Make sure to check out our recipes page on BakeryOnMain.com for more great ways to use your favorite Bakery On Main items!