This is the perfect breakfast for a crisp, cool autumn morning. A big bowl of oats on a chilly fall morning is our favorite way to start the day! Especially, when it’s made with wholesome and nutritious ingredients like fruits, nuts, and Bakery On Main oats!
Makes Two Servings
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp Walnut Butter
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup of fruit (we chose peaches and figs)
- 1/4 cup Almonds/Nuts
- 3 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 2 tbsp Maple Vanilla Grain-Free Clusters
- In a small pot bring your plant-based milk to a low simmer. Add rolled oats and keep on a very low simmer for about 5-7 minutes until oats thicken.
- Once they are done cooking and still piping hot; add maple syrup, walnut butter, salt and mix in well. Set aside. I like mine a bit more runny so I add a few splashes of milk after they are done cooking.
- (Optional) In a small frying pan add 1/2 tbsp vegan butter and add your diced fruit. Cook on medium/high heat. Sprinkle brown sugar on top and let caramelize for about 5-6 minutes until golden brown.
- Add your cooked oats to a medium/large bowl and top off with caramelized fruit, raw fruit, nuts, seeds, and a bit of nut butter drizzle to complete your bowl.