A true classic Fall dessert, this easy apple crisp recipe is our go-to treat in the Fall. Our favorite recipe is made with our Happy Rolled Oats. Pop this apple crisp in the oven and wait for the delicious smell to fill your home!
- 2 ¼ pounds Granny Smith apples (about 5 large or 7 small), cored and sliced into ¼” thick wedges
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup water or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Bakery On Main Gluten-Free, Rolled Oats
- ½ cup firmly packed almond flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and water until combined. Add the lemon juice, starch, cinnamon and nutmeg, and whisk to combine.
- Place the sliced apples in a 9” baking dish. Pour the mixture over the sliced apples and toss to combine. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, stir together the oats, almond meal, pecans, brown sugar and salt. Mix in the melted butter. Stir until all of the flour is incorporated and the mixture is moistened throughout.
- Once the apples have baked for 20 minutes, give them a stir and redistribute them evenly in the dish. Spoon the oat mixture evenly over the apple filling (No need to pack down) Return the dish to the oven and bake for 25 to 30 more minutes, until the filling is bubbling around the edges and the top is nice and golden.
- Let the crisp rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator, covered, for about 5 days.