Happiness Baked Right In
Bakery On Main is a company that, as part of the Consumer Packaged Goods Industry has made it it’s mission to create delicious, gluten free products that will make every customer happy!
Bakery On Main first opened in a natural foods store in 2003 because Founder Michael Smulders listened to how unhappy his celiac customers were with the gluten free options that were available to them. He believed that no person should suffer due to a food allergy or dietary need so, from that day forward, it became his mission to create products that would be safe for his celiac customers but that would also taste great and bring happiness to every person who tried them! Our company has experienced incredible growth since our doors first opened, now calling our brand new 111,000 sq. ft. facility home since December 2014. This new home is a dedicated gluten free facility that is fueled by the highest quality ingredients, processes, certifications, and people!
From the beginning, audaciously premium ingredients, bakeshop delicious recipes, and happy customers were our inspiration and are still our cornerstones today. We are a fiercely ethical company that believes that HAPPY and HEALTHY should be harmonious. This can only be achieved by utilizing the right people as part of our family who are dedicated to bringing happiness to all those around them and who will work hard but can have fun doing it!
Bakery on Main has a history of success and a future filled with growth and opportunity! Do you want to be a part of it?
Bakery On Main is dedicated to making not only our customers happy but making sure our employees are happy as well! Here at Bakery On Main, we are a team and a family. On a daily basis, we show nothing but the utmost respect to each other and all those that we come in contact with. Our employees strive for excellence and are driven to continuously learn and grow to better themselves and the company on a whole. On top of all these wonderful characteristics of our employees, we make sure to have FUN while working hard and making an awesome product!!
Straight From the Source
What our employees say about being a part of the Bakery On Main family…
“I truly feel that working with the staff at Bakery on main is almost like being with my family.. Just my work family. I enjoy what I do and appreciate all that the company does for me, they truly care about their employees and customers”
- Jorge Diaz
“Being part of the Bakery on Main family has been one of the most rewarding things I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing through out my career. The environment at Bakery on Main is very unique; we are all family and no one is more or less important than anyone else. We are all in this together and I absolutely love that feeling!”
- Jennifer Zalewski
“My experience at Bakery on Main has been pleasant. It’s an awesome, positive, place that truly is a great environment. This company believes in continuous personal growth and puts the people first. It is what makes this small company a globally recognized brand. The People, are our greatest asset. From the President on down, everyone plays their part and is an important part of the Bakery On Main way!”
- Hiram Cardona Jr.
What’s in it for you?
Besides becoming a member of our family and gaining the opportunity to learn and grow on a professional and personal level, you will also be eligible for the following!
A Happy Community
Bakery On Main loves spreading happiness to people through its products, across the country and internationally. What is equally as important to Bakery On Main is spreading happiness to those in need! Here at Bakery On Main, we make it a point to stay as involved as possible to help others through various organizations and charities both in our own local community and nationwide. Our team members believe in this mission and strive to be involved in the various projects that our company participates in to bring happiness to countless numbers of people who need it!
Some of the organizations that Bakery On Main works with include:
Happiness through Safety
Bakery On Main prides itself in the safety and quality of all of its products. We make every effort to ensure that our products will be safe for those suffering from Celiac Disease while tasting great to everyone who enjoys them! Our new facility is 100% dedicated gluten free and all of our products are certified gluten free, NON-GMO Project Verified, Kosher Parve, and Dairy & Casein free! Click the link to learn more!
For more information on Bakery On Main’s Certifications, click here.
Our hard work here at Bakery On Main pays off! Our customers consistently let us know how we are doing and why they love our products! Beyond that, we have been recognized by many influential people and media outlets for the quality and taste of our products. We are honored and proud of our products and the fact that so many people enjoy them and recognize the work we put into them!
For more information on Awards and Recognition received by Bakery On Main, click here.
Current Job Listings:
Click on the titles below to learn more about each available opportunity at Bakery On Main!
Western Region Sales Manager, Natural Channel
JOB SUMMARY: Bakery on Main started in the small bakery of a natural foods market on Main Street in Glastonbury, Connecticut. Founder Michael Smulders listened to his Celiac customers complain about the taste of many of the gluten free options available to them. He thought that no one should have to suffer because of a food allergy or other special dietary need, and made it his mission to create products that would make my customers happy. Today we are a rapidly growing natural and organic food company with a recognized brand, offering consumers great-tasting products in large packaged food categories.
We are seeking a passionate sales professional for the Natural channel based in the Western US. The Regional Sales Manager role requires the ability to lead broker partners and work with key retail accounts to maximize Bakery on Main’s in-store profile. The position reports directly to the Vice President of Sales. All business activities must be done in a way that underscores the company mission of Bakery on Main’s.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the sales organization of a CPG/Food company, food broker, or from the retail side of the business.
1. Overall responsibility for all brokers within the Western US territory, natural foods retailers, and distributors.
2. Manage Broker partner sales execution and scorecard their performance against MAPS objectives (Merchandising, Assortment, Shelving, and Pricing).
3. Train, work with, and motivate broker field reps on a regular basis.
4. Communicate competitive information and broker performance to brand and sales leaders.
5. Participate in presentations and planning sessions at account headquarter level.
6. Work trade shows as designated by management.
7. Maintain files and resources required for ongoing successful and organized management of brokers and existing accounts
8. Serve as professional, ethical and informed spokesperson for Bakery on Main
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Ability to develop and deliver presentations and to create, compose, and edit written materials. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
2. Bachelor’s Degree, three years of sales or marketing experience, and a valid state driver’s license.
3. Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
4. Geographically, the position will focus on current and potential clients in the following markets requiring travel up to 65% of working days: All Natural Retailers in the Western US.
This position is home based. We will consider strong candidates residing within the Western US markets with close proximity to a major airport preferred.
Compensation & Rewards
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. Bakery on Main offers a professional working environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, and supports individual growth. We look forward to your submission.
Production Team Member
Please follow this link to apply for the Bakery Team Member position http://www.ondemandassessment.com/verify/apply/DeSRqyD/CPThwDwh
Reports To: Production Manager
Responsible to run various aspects of production, packaging and cleaning for a natural food bakery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operating different machines within the production room.
- Handling packaging of product as it is completed.
- Assisting with cleaning of the production room and various other areas.
- Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
- Sets up, operates, adjusts and performs minor maintenance on Bakery On Main production and packaging machines.
- Accurately complete all production paperwork.
- Knowledge of line cleaning and testing.
- Ability to set up and make necessary adjustments to the equipment.
- Switch between flavors quickly and efficiently as needed.
- Print necessary box labels.
- Good communication skills to work with production, maintenance and management staff.
- Should have good verbal and written skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to work independently and as a team player. The right candidate will be able to work efficiently and effectively in all aspects of the position and be available for overtime as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and on the job training is offered.
Marketing Brand Ambassador
Bakery on Main is a company that’s mission is to create delicious, gluten free products that will make every customer happy! Since our company started in 2003, our audaciously premium ingredients, bakeshop delicious recipes and happy customers were our inspiration and are still our cornerstones today. We are a fiercely ethical company that believes that HAPPY and HEALTHY should be harmonious. With our history of success and future filled with growth and opportunity, our work family is growing – would you like to be a part of it?
We are looking to grow our Brand Ambassador Program – Nationwide!
Our Brand Ambassadors are part-time or per diem team members that are the face of our brand at in-store demos, marketing events, conferences, and expos. This is a great gig for stay-at-home parents, college students, or retirees! Do you consider yourself a happy, energetic, people person? Do you love spreading the good word about great tasting, fiercely ethical products? If so, this could be the job for you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Outgoing, professional personality willing to engage the public in a happy and positive manner.
- Be familiar with and share their love for the Bakery on Main brand.
- Offer samples during local in-store events, expos, tradeshows, conferences, festivals and/or health and wellness events.
- Answer customer questions about the Bakery On Main brand and our products.
- Post and share updates on social media sites from in-store demos and events.
- Submit photos and demo reports via Brand Ambassador Portal.
- Self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong team player but must also be able to work independently.
- Willing to travel and be able to work nights and weekends; depending on event.
- Knowledge of and access to a computer in order to report event and demo results
- Proficient in social media channels to promote in-store demos and events.
- Be willing to comply with food safety regulations while sampling products.
- Reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.