To coincide with our April Gluten Free Happiness promotion this month, we are featuring a delicious and refreshing recipe from our friend Amie Valpone over at The Healthy Apple. This gluten free millet recipe gets an extra little crunch from our very own Triple Berry Fiber Power Granola. (Which you can order from our website for 15% off for all of April using promo-code “HappyApril”)
Crunchy Kale Millet with Orange Citrus Dressing
- 2 cups millet, rinsed well
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 fresh orange
- 1/4 tsp. fresh orange zest
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 cup Bakery on Main Triple Berry Fiber Power Granola
- Cook millet according to package directions in a large pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil, potatoes, red onion, cherry tomatoes, kale and pine nuts; cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. When they are cooked through, season with sea salt and pepper and add the cooked millet; cook for another 2-3 minutes or until mixture is warm. Add orange juice and zest; toss to combine.
- Transfer mixture into four serving bowls with the mixed salad greens; sprinkle with fresh cilantro and granola.
If you try recreating this recipe, be sure to give us feedback and let us know what you thought of it!
-The Bakery On Main Team